AC006299

Eamus Catuli!

OCTOBERQUEST: MLB Postseaon 2008

Dodgers 2 - 0 Cubs Brewers 0 - 2 Phillies Red Sox 1 - 0 Angels White Sox 0 - 2 Rays

K-Wood Watch:

5-4, 3.26 ERA, 34 SV, 40 SVO, 85.0% Save Percentage, 66.1 IP, 84Ks

Monday, March 10, 2008

99 Dreams Deferred...

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore-
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over-
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?
-"Harlem" by Langston Hughes
Millions of dreams have been deferred over the past 100 years. Of course, I haven't been alive that long, but my dreams have been deferred every year of my life. Thanks to the Chicago Cubs. Every year, at the end of the season we say, "Maybe next year." Then next year comes along, and it's still not the year! Last year, though, it was "Gonna Happen". I'll tell you what happened. In the NLDS, the top of the order (Soriano, Theriot, Lee, and Ramirez) combined for 14 Ks, 8 hits, 1 run, and 5 walks in a combined 49 ABs. Pitiful. And, I know most of you cringe when I mention the 2003 NLCS. But, let me tell you something. You can't pin all the blame on Bartman. I blame Alex S. Gonzales the most. Why? He let an inning-ending double play ball go right through his legs. The Fish went on to score 5 that inning. FIVE!
But this year, I really believe it. Starting March 31st, I'm going to start counting to 99. 99 years since the Series, and we're winning 99 games this year.
It's Gonna Happen

No comments: